You, the person next to you and the stranger over there all have deadlines. There is no one in today’s society that doesn’t have some sort of deadline. There are a variety of methods of going about completing deadlines. Here are some practical and do-able tips on never missing any more deadlines and even finishing early.
- Create A Start & End Dates: Write or input tasks and deadlines into a planner or digital calendar. This creates a clear picture for a visual timeframe. Keep your planner or calendar out into plane view so that you will be reminded of your upcoming deadlines.
- Be Realistic: Set realistic expectations for your clients, employees and most of all yourself. You don’t want to become overwhelmed, keep it simple and timely when setting your expectations for your tasks to get done.
- Don’t Be Mental: Although mental lists work well for most people. However it can be a struggle to remember everything when you have several deadlines, multiple projects and tasks. Seeing things written down is helpful because you won’t be solely relying on recollection.
- Break It Down: Break down projects into little tasks and work one step at a time. This will help give you an estimated amount of time needed to finish one task and how long it will take you to finish the remaining steps.
- Disconnect: In order for all of this to work smoothly you have to cut off connections with the world just until the task is done. Forward calls to voicemail, inform others that you prefer not to be disturbed and refrain from social media. Most importantly don’t use scheduled project task time to do other work projects or personal endeavors.
- Reward Yourself: Treat yourself with a reward for all your hard work once you have met your deadline. Whether it’s a big or small reward, you will have an “eye on the prize” mentality to push you to the end.
Deadlines are vital in life and business they keep us on track and on point.