The REFUGE Group, a rapidly growing integrated marketing strategies firm, is looking for a Houston resident who is proficient in and an active user of digital and interactive media. The ideal candidate will be creative, and self-motivated, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and will possess a positive and professional approach when working with a variety of people.
To perform well in this internship you need to enjoy using and have working knowledge of social and news bookmarking sites as well as understand the power of a social media presence for brands and products. Students working toward a college degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or journalism are preferred.
- Learn how to create and maintain an effective marketing campaign across all interactive media including client websites, Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogs
- Learn the nuances of client management from sitting in on meetings to hands-on account administration experience
- See the principles of marketing in action for both interactive and traditional marketing
- Contribute to our clients and our own social networking initiatives, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube updates and maintenance.
- Explore new digital communication mediums, including blogging, podcasting, mobile applications, etc.
- Proactively create and maintain online conversations
- Ensure all technical aspects of the websites are functioning correctly and offer solutions as they arise
- Track, analyze, and report the results of marketing campaigns
For the right candidate, there is an excellent opportunity to grow with the company. This is an unpaid internship (application for school credit encouraged) for a minimum of 15-20 hours per week at an office in the Washington Corridor/Memorial Park area. Please provide a resume and cover letter citing examples of social media usage to [email protected] If you would like additional information, please feel free to email or call Alexandria Cormier-Hill at (713) 528-0200 x 103.