The REFUGE Group, a rapidly growing integrated marketing strategies firm, is looking for a Houston resident who is proficient in and an active user of digital and interactive media. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and will possess a positive and professional approach when working with a variety of people.
To perform well in this internship you need to enjoy using and have working knowledge of social and news bookmarking sites as well as understand the power of a social media presence for brands and products. Students working toward a college degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or journalism are preferred.
● Learn how to create and maintain an effective marketing campaign across all interactive media including client websites, Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogs
● Learn the nuances of client management from sitting in on meetings to hands on account administration experience
● See the principles of marketing in action for both interactive and traditional marketing
● Contribute to our clients’ and our own social networking initiatives, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube updates and maintenance.
● Explore new digital communication mediums, including blogging, podcasting, mobile applications, etc.
● Proactively create and maintain online conversation.
● Ensure all technical aspects of the websites are functioning correctly and offer solutions as they arise
● Track, analyze, and report the results of marketing campaigns